Monday, October 6, 2008

Confessions of a Bad Blogger

Yes, I said it. For the past month now I've been an exceptionally bad blogger and for that I apologize. This pregnancy has had me dog tired so far. So tired that I often come home from work, take a nap, eat dinner, then go to bed at 8:00. On the weekends I might stay up till 10:00, but then turn around and sleep from anywhere between 10:00 and noon on both Saturday and Sunday. And no matter how much sleep I get, it's never enough. I'm so tired that I don't want to do anything, and blogging and keeping up with blogs has been the last thing on my mind.

But I vow that will change, starting this week. Even if I'm tired, I will find the energy to post about something once or twice a week. And yes, everyone -- I'm so sorry for falling way behind on reading your blogs. I'll catch up, every last drop, I promise. And I'll leave lots of comments to prove I was there!

So what's new with me? Well, I am now 9 weeks pregnant and thus officially into my third month, which is the last month of the first trimester. Everything is going well. Last week I had another ultrasound, this time we got to see the actual baby and its heart beat, so we know everything is working as it should. I'm only 9 weeks and have only gained 2 pounds, yet my stomach is significantly bigger. I can still (barely) fit into my regular jeans, but I'm about to outgrow those. Good thing my work clothes are all slacks so there's some growing room there. People who know me can tell I'm pregnant, but I've been assured not to worry, other people will just think I'm a little "bloated". Geez, thanks!

I spent this past weekend playing with my new toy: an Apple iPhone! Whoot! I'm psyched about this thing. I had my previous, primitive cell phone for 2.5 years, and I was well ready for a change. But I would not have gotten this phone if I didn't work for AT&T, and thus get an awesome 50% discount off the voice, text & data plans you have to purchase to have the iPhone. Anyways, this thing is awesome! I was apprehensive and feeling guilty about making this purchase, but not anymore. I have everything I want at my fingertips -- email, chats, weather, games, facebook, Pandora radio (oh yeah!), and much much more! Did I mention I love it?! (Oh, by the way, if this post makes you go out and purchase an iPhone, please contact me so that I can get a referral for your service :P )

Well that's about all for now. I will be spending this week catching up on everyone's blogs. I may not get to you right away, but I promise I will soon!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No apologies! Blogging and blog reading should be fun with no obligations. Growing a baby is hard work that takes a lot of rest. Blog when you feel like it, read when you feel like it, and don't feel bad. :)

Mz Diva said...

Brandie,
Don't feel obligated to blog....but we miss ya when you don't! I am sure that the pregnancy plus your job AND being a mom to two others is a lot already! The I-phone sounds awesome! I recently bought a MAC and got an I-POD but am with Verizon for awhile longer but who knows I may decide to go all Mac! Glad you and the baby are doing well.
Peace,
Diva

lynda w said...

Hopefully now that you're making the transistion to the second trimester you'll start getting your energy level back. Don't feel bad, though. I've been slacking a lot as well. Things are just so busy over here and blogging takes time and ends up being the first thing neglected.

Pollye said...

good to hear from you altho it has been decades since I was pregnant I do remember how much sleep I needed. Get your rest, you will have time to blog later. iphone,yikes you can play with that awhile!

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by and glad to hear that you are doing well with your pregnancy. Like what the other said, "no apologies needed." We are just glad that you are doing well. Are you working for AT&T? I was many many years back. :P

That made us ex-colleague? Just kidding. Have a great week!

Mz Diva said...

How are you feeling these days? Less sick? I hope all is well with you.
Diva