Friday, February 22, 2008

Production, Here I Come!

Look at me, all caught up at work and posting again! I'm feeling super good right now because I just released the final test kit and was given the clear. Basically this means that I'm finally releasing a major software version upgrade into production. I've been working (single-handedly) on this release for quite a while now, so this is a BIG accomplishment. I'm all happy now, but this just means a big headache as I spend the next few days preparing the production database for the update to the web tool. In the meantime, though, I'm *supposed* to be writing goals at the moment. Obviously my attention has escaped me. I know, I know, I know .... I must write my goals, and I've put them off so long, but I hate this goal crap so I put it off as long as I possibly can.

The weather here has been something else. I got to work from home yesterday because of all the ice. Oddly enough, Amber's school stayed open yesterday. Today the weather isn't nearly as bad, and I'm back in the office, but Amber's school was cancelled. It doesn't make any sense to me, but oh well.

I wrote before about how I put on about 8 pounds since I quit smoking. Now, I've put these on, but I don't consider myself fat -- I'm 5'7" and 135. I'm heavier than I'd like to be, but I'm not uncomfortable. Or at least I wasn't uncomfortable until yesterday. Alexia (my 4 year-old) comes up to me, "Mommy -- Why is your tummy so big if there's not a baby in it?" So I reply, "My tummy isn't big!" ... "Your tummy is a little fat, mommy" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so shocked that I don't even know what to say about all that. Gotta love kids, right?

Until next time . . .

1 comments:

maggie said...

Good for you on getting something major done! I can relate to the weight gain. I am almost the same weight, but I'm only 5'2", and this is the heaviest I've ever been. With the changes going on in my house, I do think I'll be eating much healthier overall, so I'm hoping it helps... Still better than smoking, but it will be nice to get the whole package looking smoking hot ;)