Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Promised Update

Just a quick note: I had my ultrasound this morning. Everything looks great! We found the baby very quickly, nuzzled safely in my uterus where it belongs. We could see the gestational sac and the yolk sac, but nothing else. It's too early to find the actual embryo. I go back in 2.5 weeks -- by then I'll be almost 8 weeks, and we'll be able to see the fetus and heartbeat and such.

All I can say is I'm much relieved! I had faith that this pregnancy was good, but still, after my experience last time I couldn't help the nagging feelings. I had trouble sleeping all night last night, and was anxious this morning for the appointment. After I got home I was super relieved, but overwhelmingly tired. It was like the moment I quit worrying sleep tried to take over.

Due date is May 11th! I guess we should start a little ticker (update, found better ticker!)

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

3 comments:

lynda w said...

Glad to hear everything is okay. Can't wait to hear all about it until May!

Pollye said...

Wow, what exciting news. You will be just fine. No two pregnantcies are the same.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the ultrasound went well and everything looks great!