Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Happened To Trim Up Tuesday?

Sorry for going AWOL last week. It was quite a hectic week (the last post shows how it started). But I'm going to get back on track, and catch up on everyone's blogs real quick like.

I have stayed the same weight since my last Trim Up Tuesday blog. It seems I will have to stop 3.5 pounds short of my final in exchange for a new goal: managing and maintaining a healthy pregnancy. That's right, folks -- I'm pregnant again! I'm so thrilled. It's been four months since my scary ectopic pregnancy with complications experience (read: Part One & Part Two for details). I think I've had a pretty good turn around time, considering 2 of those months was complete recovery, and I only have 1 tube left.

I went in for blood work twice last week. My HCG levels look good and are properly rising. Tomorrow morning I'll have an early ultrasound just to confirm the embryo is actually in the uterus where it belongs. I'll post an update afterwards.

I have confidence this pregnancy is going to turn out well. If I hadn't had such a scary experience last time I don't think I'd have any reservations about it at all. Unlike last time, I certainly "feel" pregnant! The week before I found out I was pregnant, I was so tired that I went to bed at 8:30 each night. After 7 days of that, I took a test, and sure enough it was positive. On top of being really tired I'm freaking starving all the time and I have to pee all the time. Plus, my abdomen is tender and slightly extended -- I assume this is because the baby is in the correct place this time around!

So wish me luck, and I'll post a quick update tomorrow after my ultrasound ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best! I can't imagine how much greater the joy must be after such heartbreak.

lynda w said...

I'm so happy for you, Brandie - and proud of you for not giving up on the dream to have another baby.

As for Trim Up Tuesday, I'm not really sure what I'm doing. I can't seem to stick to anything right now. It's just been too busy.

MamaFlo said...

Congratulations to you Brandie!

Mz Diva said...

I am so happy for you Brandie...I am so tired I can hardly function! Reinvention is hard work!
Diva

Anonymous said...

Brandie, congrats!!! I'm happy for you. :)