Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chantix: Day 1 (Dec. 17, 2007)

So I'm finally going to do it. Actually, it's not the first time that I've quit smoking. I've been quite successful in the past -- I quit for over two years. Why did I start again? I was stupid of course. I suppose I could blame it on extremely stressful situations, but that's just an excuse. I don't like excuses. So, it boils down to being stupid. While I was successful last time it came at the expense of the sanity of my loving, patient husband and older daughter. I don't want to put them through that again!

I would classify myself as a mild smoker. On an average day I smoke 10 light cigarrettes. When going out, or at a smoker's house, I tend to smoke much more -- up to one pack a day. I have been smoking since I was 14 (minus the 2 years I quit). That makes my overall smoking time 9 years. (Wow -- 9 years already?! ugh)

This morning I took my first Chantix, which was a .5 mg dose. I experienced a little nausea, but I was already not feeling well, so I'm not sure if it can be attributed to the Chantix yet. It went away after eating some crackers.

Aside from (maybe) having nausea, I feel no effects thus far. Smoking still feels the same.

6 days to quit day! I'm psyched!

0 comments: