Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day 4: It's Bad. Really Bad

Okay, let me start off by saying: I WANT A CIGARETTE!!!!! This is the worst that I've wanted one since I quit smoking. Almost bad enough to make me actually consider smoking. But not quite ... it would take a heck of a lot to do that (because I'm stubborn, of course). Most of today has been bad. Errgggg I want a smoke. I won't, but this is really bad over here :-(

So the rest of last night went okay. It was the first night back into our regular routine. I found myself hurrying to eat dinner to keep pace with my husband, who liked to smoke right after our meal. Then I'd stop, remember that I don't smoke anymore, and slow down to fight the craving.

I keep hearing people say that Chantix gives them the odd dreams. Well, I already have very odd, very vivid dreams. I have for as long as I can remember, but apparently it's climbing to a new level now. My husband had to wake me up last night because I was singing "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer" in my sleep! The remarkable thing is, apparently I knew the names to all the reindeer -- which, if you ask me, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Anyways, I'm ending this with REALLY needing a smoke. I want one, bad. I still appreciate the support -- I know that my husband is quitting too, but he doesn't like to talk about it, he keeps it in his head, because otherwise it makes him crave one. Or something like that. So thanks for being here for me.

One more thing, can someone help me? I really want a Quit Meter banner, but I can't find one that works. Http://www.QuitMeter.com seems to have went down the day I quit smoking. And all of the other stuff I find is broken. Any suggestions? I could use one of these for inspiration. Heh... perhaps I need to make my own, huh? I'll consider it ;-)

4 comments:

maggie said...

Hang in there, Brandie! You'll come through the other side stronger. Quitmeter website is working just fine - that's what I use over on my blog, and it just burps once in awhile but usually is pretty reliable.

nancy said...

Hi Brandie, I'm a new quit too! I know how you feel, I'm only day 7 without any cigs at all. On Chantix as well, took me 10 days on the pills though to finally give them up.

I know what you mean about the quitmeter. Here in NJ we have quitnet.com and that has a little meter in there. I find that meter thingy really helpful. I checked the other one and it is finally back up and running, though you have to put your info in again.

Well, good luck and hang in there - I've been eating grapes and the urge passes, just a few - there so cold and yummy (yeah, 3.99 lb, not saving much on butts!) Ha, ha. Just a suggestion. It gets better, really. Nancy

Mz Diva said...

I have fought the urge to smoke all day. Living with a person smoking really sucks at times. I drank a lot of water today and distracted myself with many different activities. It got better and I am hoping tomorrow will be an easier day. This is one of the most difficult days I have had since I quit. I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Hope your cravings have subsided.
Peace,
Diva

Mary said...

Slow deep breaths through your nose, count to 5 and slowly breathe out your mouth count to 5. Repeat repeat repeat :) Hang in there - you CAN do it :)