Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Trim Up Tuesday (Week 3)

This week has been super hard, because I couldn't eat solid food until Saturday night. So many people said to me, "Oh, just have a milkshake ..." or ice cream, etc etc. The problem is when I get hungry, sweet things are just not appealing -- I want REAL food. My "real" food this week consisted of chicken broth. The thing I liked about this week is I could drink all the soda + energy drinks I wanted without feeling guilty about the liquid calories. And I did! I only worked out a couple of times because I knew my body was stressed (my hair started falling out by Thursday) and I didn't want to make it worse. So, in the end I didn't gain and I still wound up losing a pound.

As a side note, I had a goal to lose 4 pounds by August 8th (I Will). As you can see, I have already surpassed that goal by 1.5 pounds, and I still have this week and next to go.

I'm shaping up this week for a float trip this weekend. I'll have details about that trip up in a day or two, along with details of my first Mystic Tan experience and updates on my tongue piercing.

Weight

  • I have lost 5.5 pound(s) since I started!
  • I lost 1 pound(s) this week!
  • I am 5.5 pound(s) away from my ideal weight.

BMI

  • My BMI is: 21.5. This is considered normal.

Exercise

  • I worked out 2 time(s) this week.
  • I did 1 hour(s) and 25 minutes of cardio this week
  • I did 1 hour(s) and 20 minutes of brisk activity this week

Goals

  • I did meet my last goal
  • My Last Goal Was: Stay healthy, since my diet is mainly liquids. Focus on nutrition and not weight this week.
  • My new goal is: Work it hard Mon, Tues, Weds and Thurs in preparation for this weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on hitting your goals even with having to be more creative this week.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking if I should congratulate you for losing 1 pound this week and then again it must be hard on you not being able to eat 'real' food when you are hungry. It is about the same for me; when I am really hungry, I have the urge for 'real' food too. Funny thing is, I will have the urge for snacks only when I am full. Not very good though course it'll make me put on weight. However, I manage to control my urge most time :)

Looks like you'll be having an exciting weekend ahead ;)

Mz Diva said...

Congratulations Brandie!I know how hard it is to stick to ANY program...smoking, fitness, drugs etc. Encourage me when I start my weight loss / exercise program for real!
Peae,
Diva

lynda w said...

Congrats on another great week! I'll be joining you pretty soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandie,



My name is Gregory Cappello and I am the Vice President of Fitspott, a social networking platform for health and fitness.


Fitspott (fitspott.com), a social networking platform targeting the health and fitness
industry will open the doors to the beta version of its platform in Mid-September. The
Fitspott team is made up of a group of highly motivated and diverse entrepreneurs,
athletes and creative minds. We have set forth a goal of creating a social network which
will give trainers, members, athletes, coaches, corporate fitness executives, health
clubs and basically anyone with any level of interest in health and fitness, a robust
platform to meet, communicate, get support, conduct business, exchange ideas and more.



I am writing to you to introduce my company as I though it might be of interest to your
readers. In addition, I have composed a few posts that you might consider using as a
guest entry.


If you have any questions or would like more information please feel free to contact me
at any time.


Gregory Cappello
Vice President of Fitspott
gregc@fitspott.com