I was tagged by MamaFlo to do this.
2. On two seperate occassions in my life a wasp has flown up my shirt and literally stung me on the breast. Twice! Two times!!! I'm also allergic to the little buggers.
3. I am a supertaster -- I have more tastebuds than the average person. Sound great? It's not! My diet is limited to a handful of things, and no matter how much I want to like something, I just can't. Life can get pretty boring as a supertaster, and it can be rather embarrasing to be company at someone's house. Here is an article entitled The Supertaster Unveiled
4. I had liposuction when I was 21. Yes, I'm someone who frowns on plastic surgery when there's another alternative. In my case there was no alternative -- I had very large saddlebags on the sides of my thighs that were inherited from my mother and could not be worked down much. I could never find pants that fit right -- if it fit my thighs, it was way to large for my waist. And I was SO self conscious about it. I got sucked out in Dec. 2003 and have never ever ever ever regretted my decision. I feel like a whole new person.
5. I am a plant junkie. I LOVE them. At one point I had 18 healthy, well cared for plants inside my home. But then I went to work 3.5 hours away, only coming home on the weekends (left in the hubby's care). By the time we were all ready to move to one place again, it was too late. Out of 18, 3 had survived the hubby & the move, NOT including my once-gorgeous bonsai. :-( Since then I've added no new houseplants, because I've been too upset. BUT, for the first time ever, I get to cultivate the outside of a house -- hence my flower beds & my garden.
6. I don't really like children. I love mine to death, I love (or sometimes tolerate really really well) my friend's children, but if I have no reason to like that kid chatting me up at the grocery store, well ... I just find him annoying. I know. I'm a terrible person!
7. I love to sleep, and despise getting up early. I get up at 5:30 am for work Monday - Friday. That's fine and dandy, it's my job and all that. On the weekend, I do really well to be out of bed by 9:00. Yes, I will wake up around 7:00-ish and not be tired anymore, but I force myself back to sleep. If I ever just got up, I'd have many extra hours to my weekend!
8. I have 2 girls, and yes, we want another one. Too many people are assuming we want a boy because we have girls, but that's not the case. I have a feeling my luck won't hold out a third time, and the boy is inevitable, but I can hope. And while I appreciate well wishes, I'm getting a bit annoyed that people are wishing a boy on me -- my mother included. I don't care if they're easier, both my husband and I have no desire for one, and I wish other people would respect our wishes, since it's our child! Sorry for the rant, don't fret -- if God gives us a boy, he will be a well loved addition to the family, I'm sure :-)
I have no one to tag!!! I'm sorry, I reside in such a small circle of bloggers that everyone I visit has already been tagged. Feel free to play along if you're reading this and have not yet been tagged.
Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog