Last night was my first strip cardio class. Unfortunantly, it was only the second class that our instructor had taught. She did fairly well, though, for a beginner and although there were a few mishaps, I'm going back next week. We did a sexy dance routine followed by ab work and then pole work. The pole stuff was really fun -- I never thought I'd be able to bend backwards and touch my head to the floor without falling! The swinging was pretty fun, too. It was a good time. Afterwards my friend and I went to the bar next door and had a jumbo margarita. By the time we had drunk it all, we decided that next week we'll do the margarita thing BEFORE the class, and wear high heels and sexy workout clothes instead of sweats, t-shirts and sneakers!
No kids this weekend! Normally that would leave me overjoyed because that would mean it was a date weekend (I haven't been on a "date" with my man since Feb.) but not with the housework. That's okay, though, we'll be much more productive this way, and I won't have to cart two muddy kids in the car after a long day of housework because the ground is so soft outside but I don't feel right making them stay inside the no-fun, under-construction house for 12 hours. I am going to make sure we at least go out for a nice dinner together tonight before getting all tired and dirty all weekend long. I needed to do some more planting this weekend, but no ... it has to SNOW tomorrow. Comon ppl! It's April already, give it up!
Here is a cute story from yesterday:
Daddy & Alexia (4) are painting a bedroom blue:
Daddy startles and jumps back a bit
Alexia: What's wrong, Daddy?
Daddy: There's a big spider in the closet.
Alexia: Oh, just paint over it daddy! Like I did
Alexia: There was a little spider and I painted over it.
Daddy: (Laughs) Did it die?
Alexia: No ... but it ran away!
I knew I forgot something! Here is my Friday Fill-Ins
1. I love springtime in the Missouri Botanical Gardens!
2. Sausage Egg McMuffins from McDonalds are foods I love to eat for breakfast.
3. It seems I'm always searching for things in my purse.
4. Relaxing to a great movie and/or book is a great way to end the day.
5. I think I am going to love Strip Cardio!
6. Mint Chocolate is what I've been craving lately.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going out to dinner with my husband and NO kids , tomorrow my plans include working on my house and Sunday, I want to do more housework!