Monday, April 28, 2008

Banned

Hey everyone. No house pictures. I was so mad ... I drove out to the house yesterday, camera in hand, only to discover the card was not in the camera. I wasn't going to go back for it. I'll send the camera w/my hubby tomorrow, and *maybe* he'll make it back with some pics.

For the first time since we bought the house I have not spent the entire weekend working on it. Actually, I've been banned from the house for the most part. With all the chemicals, fumes, dust, etc going around, my hubby doesn't want me there except for the occassional walk through. I don't know how to feel about being "free" of the house work. I'm a tad bit disappointed, but then I'm also thankful for the time I got to work on the house. The baby thing has been in the works for a few months, so if it had happened earlier then I probably wouldn't have gotten to do any work on my house. At first I was a bit apprehensive of the whole physical labor thing (yeah, I'm a wuss, I know), but right away I LOVED it. After all, it was my house, and I was diretly reaping the benefits of my labor. So I'm just glad I got 6 weekends worth of work in the house.

So far the pregnancy thing is doing well. I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping and I have to pee a lot, but that's about it. Oh, yeah ... the smells. Those are getting to me. I work on the 39th floor of my office building, and I swear that this is the smelliest floor of them all. Lately it's been even worse, though -- like this morning, I swear I could smell bug spray. I smelled that for hours, and now it's lunch time, which is a hodgepodge of already-nauseating smells. Add a pregnancy sense of smell to that, and it can get overpowering. We have a lot of Indians on this floor, so there is always something interesting and ethnic being heated up in the microwave. Ack... and saurkraut is being served in the cafeteria. And who heated up something cheesy? Ugh .....

2 comments:

MamaFlo said...

I agree with your husband about you not needing to be around that icky stuff at the house, you need to take care of yourself and the bun you have cookin.

lynda w said...

Probably a smart move to stay away from the dangerous stuff.

I like your new take on the Trim Up Tuesday (which I hope to get back to as soon as friends and neighbors stop bringing by home cooked meals). You should take pictures as the baby grows to document the changes in your body - even if it's only for your eyes only. I always wish I had done that with my pregnancies.